Friday, January 6, 2012

What we've been up to...

Hi, everyone and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I apologize for the lack of post over the last month, with the holidays in gear, and then getting back into the routine in January, I was not finding the time to post. Luckily, I was still taking pictures!

So we are back at school and we are back in the swing of things. We moved back into the daily routines fairly quickly, but not without taking some time to remind each other what each part of our day should look like, how it should sound, and how every student can be independent and responsible. I am impressed at how quickly our class got right back into the flow of the Daily 5.

Here is a look at what we've been up to...

Daily 5
During the Daily 5 we are continuing to work on our reading strategies. Our CAFE menu (strategies board) is filling up! Take a look!



We are filling up our book boxes each week and learning to read the many many books throughout our room! There is so much to read and so much to find out about!

We are also using the iPads for reading. There are electronic e-books in the iBooks section, and we also have some interactive books (everyone LOVES those).














Here's another video I took recently:




We are continuing to read our chapter book The Mouse and the Motorcycle by Beverly Cleary. We are nearing the end of the story and we are wondering if Ralph will end up being a hero! (And... will he find the motorcycle after all????)



In Math we have been working on our geometry unit. More pictures of our math work soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment