Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Reading in our classroom...

We have been learning each part of the Daily 5, which is the structured literacy block in our classroom. I will explain more about the Daily 5 on our back to school night Thursday, September 22, and then add the notes to the blog for you to look back on at home.

Here are some photos of our class hard at work reading with a buddy during the "Read to Someone" portion of the Daily 5:









We are also building our stamina with our independent reading. We have gotten up to 18 minutes of independent silent reading time in our classroom! We know what this time should look like (everyone reading) and sound like (quiet whisper voices) and are learning the importance of practicing good reading behaviors each and every day.



Also, a friendly reminder...


Back-to-School Night is Thursday, September, 22, 2011!!

This night is for adults only. I will discuss our classroom routines and lead you through a typical day in first grade. I will also discuss my philosophy of education and run through the first grade curriculum. Come see our classroom and get a view into what your child does each day. I'm looking forward to seeing you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment